Do you feel worried or affected by your own gambling or the gambling of a loved one?
Please know that there is help and support available
Time Out is a Nottingham based gambling harm project and as a result of our work, we hope to raise awareness, reduce the associated stigma and start the conversation about addiction and harmful gambling.
If you or someone you know is showing signs of a gambling addiction, or is in a crisis situation, please speak directly to a trained advisor via:
Phone: The 24/7 National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133
Live Chat: www.gamcare.org.uk
What is gambling?
The Gambling Act (2005) defines gambling as betting, gaming, or participating in a lottery. This can include but is not limited to arcades, betting online, at an event or high street bookmakers, bingo, casino, lotteries, and gaming machines.
Gambling can lead to problems for some individuals and their families, and can affect many areas of your life. If you are unsure whether you are gambling safely – try this self-assessment tool from GamCare.
How can gambling affect you?
- Spending more than you want to on gambling
- Struggling to find the money for bills
- Taking out loans to cover gambling debts
- Extreme emotions or mood swings
- Feeling that gambling is the only thing you enjoy, to the exclusion of other things
- Using gambling as a way to deal with other problems or emotions in your life
- Arguing more with your partner or family, especially about money
- Being preoccupied with gambling and finding it difficult to focus on other things
- Lying to friends and family about losses
- Spending less time with people and more time gambling
- Losing interest in personal relationships, career, or hobbies
- Feeling like there is no way back.
Looking for more help with your finances?
Consumer Credit Awards Results
In the realm of financial institutions, it’s not just about profit margins and balance sheets; it’s about…
We’ve recently announced that we’re closing our Lincoln and Mansfield branches. There are many other ways to continue…
We have made the difficult decision to close our Lincoln and Mansfield branches. Recognising that the move to…
Boots Payroll Deduction Scheme Update
From 1st April 2023, Boots UK LTD will no longer offer the Payroll Deduction Scheme with Notts…
10 Tips to Save Up – Ready, Set, Save!
Do you make New Year’s Resolutions in January and forget all about them in March? Or do you…
Money Management Advice
As a credit union, it’s our aim to make people realise the many benefits of good money and…
Debt Management Advice
The current cost of living crisis, along with the lasting effects of the pandemic, means that more and…